Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Checkride Part 2

March 16, 2011

Bob and I met at 8am this morning to finish the checkride. We were originally scheduled to fly yesterday, however the clouds were too low and we had to reschedule for today.

I don't have much to say other than... I PASSED!!! I'm now a certified Sport Pilot!

I always dreamed of this day. I can't wait to take my family and friends up.

Here's some little facts about my training:
1st Lesson- October 21, 2010
1st Solo- December 21, 2010
1st Day Flying With My New Instructor- December 26, 2010
1st Solo Cross Country- January 9, 2011
Passed Written/Knowledge Exam- January 26, 2011
Checkride Part 1- March 12, 2011
Checkride Part 2- March 16, 2011

These hours include today's flight:
Total Hours To Date: 36.9
Total Solo Hours (includes checkride hours): 10.4
Total Landings: 102

Bob, the FAA Examiner, and I after passing my Sport Pilot Checkride

What are my plans next? I plan on getting checked out in a different airplane called a Remos. Once I'm comfortable with that I will move up to a Cessna 152 or 172 and work towards my Private Pilot Certificate.

Flight Log to Date
Hours flown: 36.9

2 comments:

  1. Freakin AWESOME Sara! I know everyone is so proud of you! Hope you are taking advantage of your weekend off together and go flying, even if you don't go out of town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandy! I'm still in shock, but so happy and relieved. We are definitely flying this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete