Saturday, March 19, 2011

1st Passenger!

March 19, 2011

Today was my first time flying as a licensed pilot, and flying a passenger. I took my boyfriend up for an hour and flew him around the practice area. He's never been in that small of an airplane before, so at first he was nervous, but then he got used to it and thought it was fun. I eventually showed him steep turns and turns around a point, then decided to head back to the airport. The first landing was normal, then I asked if he wanted to see a short field takeoff. He was up for it, so I showed him one. That ended up being his favorite takeoff. He kept saying how fun it was. Then I did a short field landing. I have to keep practicing these because the airport is having an Accuracy Landing Contest soon that I plan on competing in. Afterward, I showed him a soft field takeoff. He didn't like that as much, which I completely respect. Flying that close to the ground can make anyone nervous. The last landing was a soft field landing.

I had a lot of fun flying him around today. I'm so happy that I have someone that I can share this passion with. Next time maybe I will fly over our house, or do a shorter cross country. He's ready to go again, so that's a positive thing.

2 comments:

  1. Boyfriends are easy to fly around 'cause they know they cannot complain :-)
    Congratulations for passing your exam, anyway! It feels great doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the congrats! It feels amazing. I recently bought Private Pilot books, so there's no slowing down for me :)

    ReplyDelete