Thursday, December 23, 2010

Flight 9

December 15, 2010

We started off practicing forward slips and side slips. Then once I got comfortable enough we headed back to the airport to practice pattern procedures. It was a much better lesson. I finally felt prepared and ahead of the airplane. We did a total of four landings, and at least one of them I did 100% on my own, for the first time. Doing a landing without instructor assistance is the most amazing feeling. It was even better than I expected. I didn’t want to stop but time and the cold weather (frozen toes/fingers) kind-of gets in the way. Then as we were packing up to go back inside, I received a bit of sad news. My instructor tells me that he’s moving away to go back to school for at least a year. I will have three more lessons with him before I have to start going with someone else.

On another note, I received my 3rd class medical certificate and student pilot certificate on December 9, 2010.


Flight Log to Date
Hours flown:10.5

No comments:

Post a Comment