Thursday, December 23, 2010

Arch Tour

December 20, 2010

Today was quite awesome. It was a bit too windy to focus on landings, so we flew out to the Arch! It was absolutely amazing. To get out of the practice area and fly over the city was a great experience. I had the controls during the entire flight. We started off at Smartt, and basically flew a circle around most of St. Louis at 1500’. Once we made it to the Arch, we circled it once before continuing on. We got back to the airport about a half hour before my lesson was due to end, so we did three landings. At least one of the landings I did all on my own. After we went back inside, I asked him how close to soloing I was. He replied with, “You’re extremely close. Maybe one or two more days with good weather and you’ll be there.” Wow! I can’t believe that almost exactly two months after my first lesson, I’ll be able to solo.

Having a good time flying



Flight Log to Date
Hours flown: 13.0

No comments:

Post a Comment