Thursday, December 23, 2010

Learning to Land

December 7, 2010

Today we stayed in the traffic pattern and focused on landing. It was a pretty rough flight. It’s been a week since I’ve flown, so I started off feeling pretty rusty. Then, we had a helicopter (looked like one of the medical helicopters) that decided to use the airport to do the same thing as us. Practice the traffic pattern and landings. I got so flustered having this guy flying around. It’s already crazy enough trying to do (what feels like) 100 things at once. We did two landings, and then decided we’d take a break and flew out of the traffic pattern and headed north. We just cruised around a bit, practiced airspeed control, and simulated being in the pattern. It was a much needed break. I was able to relax and get myself together. We then headed back and did two more landings. We had a slight crosswind today too, which made it a bit difficult. I did better on the 3rd and 4th landing, but I still left feeling disappointed in myself. I’m just thankful to have an instructor that’s patient and understanding. Hopefully the next lesson will go better.

Flight Log to Date
Hours flown: 9.3

No comments:

Post a Comment