Thursday, December 23, 2010

Flight 6

November 23, 2010

It was a good day all around. I did the takeoff, then we headed north over the river. We practiced more slow flight, and stalls. I finally nailed it and feel way more comfortable doing stalls now. We then simulated an engine failure and practiced emergency procedures. This is still pretty new to me, but I think I did pretty good. After that, we practiced ground reference maneuvers, such as "S" turns, turns around a point, and the rectangle. I enjoy doing these, it's kind of fun. While we were doing them, we also looked East and could see downtown STL and the Arch. That was really neat. Justin (my instructor) said that one day coming up, we'll fly right by the Arch. I totally can't wait, that'll be amazing! Anyways, the last thing we did was go back to the airport and land. But then we had some time left, so we went back up in the air and did a go-around. On that landing, he said I did 95% of it. How cool! Everything seems to be coming together and I'm having such a good time. 
 
Flight Log to Date
Hours flown: 7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment